HALLOWEEN (2007) 1/2
(First Viewing)

On Halloween 1963, Haddenfield, 10-year-old Michael Myers (Daeg Farch), estranged and mentally unstable, is imprisoned in Smith's Grove Sanitarium under the care of Dr. Sam Loomis (Malcolm McDowell) for the murders of his mother's (Sheri Moon) boyfriend, his older sister, and her boyfriend. Now, 15 years later, he is accidentally released and now in search of his baby sister Laurie (Scout Taylor-Compton) and Dr. Loomis must warn the residents of Haddenfield and get to Laurie before Michael does.

Rob Zombie outdoes himself again as he continues to impress me as a writer & director. A fantastic and brutal retelling of the origins of Michael Myers. For me personally Malcolm McDowell stole the show as Dr. Loomis because I've had an enormous amount of respect since I saw A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. However, most impressive was young Daeg Faerch who plays the 10-year-old version of Michael. His face and emotions did a wonderful job in helping to educate the audiences knowledge on this legendary character. And even though I haven't seen the entire franchise, this film had me begging for more. If you're a fan of Rob's or the franchise, you won't want to miss this.

RUSH HOUR 3
(First Viewing)

After an attempted assassination on Ambassador Han, Lee and Carter head to Paris to protect a French woman with knowledge of the Triads' secret leaders.
I can't believe it's been 6 years (RUSH HOUR 2) since I've last seen Chris Tucker in a film. And even though it was a welcomed return, the film was not. Probably the weakest of the trilogy with a runtime around 86 minutes, a weak script (especially with the jokes) and some shoty use of CGI/blue screens. However, Tucker and Chan mix and feed off of each other beautifully as they did in the first 2. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 6 years to see Chris on the silver screen again. I guess the world answered the question of it needed another RUSH HOUR film. The answer is of course no.