Originally Posted By: JRCX
Anyone ever use braciole in their sauce along with the meatballs and sausage? My family would make the braciole with breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese and hard boiled eggs, deliscious believe it or not...

JRCX,

My grandmother and my mother would make it. I have never made it myself but would like to try. I remember they'd combine the cooked cut eggs, cheese, celery, breadcrumbs and other similar ingredients you posted rolled into a thin steak and tied with the cooking string and then cooked in the sauce (sugu).

However, as much as I have heard of braciole, I know it by another name, so am not quite certain it's the same. My family is Sicilian and perhaps it's slang I don't know. I can't even spell it for you because I don't speak (let alone write Italian). Sounded out it's Brewsh-a-lun-i. Anyway, that's what my family called it and I loved it. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon