Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
First, Dominoes and Pizza Hut are not even close to being called pizza by Italian standards. I went to Italy two years ago and sampled several pizzas in Rome. Roman pizza is leagues ahead of any pizza I have had in America.
Dominoes and Pizza Hut are not even close to being called pizza by Italian standards even when compared to American Pizza!

Although I have never been to Italy and tasted their Pizza, I have been told that it is just fantastic! I plan on going to Italy within the next couple of years.

Don Cardi

Thanks for resurrecting this topic! I didn't even realize that I posted in it way back when.

Well as many of you already know, I finally made that trip to Italy over this past summer.

The Pizza in Italy? NOTHING like it in the world. Absolutely delicious! Every ingredient used to make the pizzas in Italy is fresh. Just outstanding!

Places like Pizza Hut, Domino's, and every other commercial chain pizza place should be closed down for attempting to impersonate an authentic Italian pizzeria!

Originally Posted By: JRCX
When i was in sicily i would even see an egg in the middle of the pizza, there are tons of variations.

Here is a LINK TO A REALLY GREAT WEBSITE that lists all the different kinds of Pizzas. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.