Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
 Originally Posted By: AngelaMarie
I recently saw the Bourne Supremacy and was disappointed. I loved the first two films. I found it unreasonable that Bourne would want revenge on the CIA.... and we needed more on the romance between Bourne and Nicki... we hardly got to see any of that, and no flashbacks or anything! Poorly done.

I saw it a couple weeks ago and just loved it!!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. They never showed and romantic connection between Bourne and Nicki in the previous films, as far as I'm concerned. However, in this case, I was just as happy putting romance in the back seat and allowing for all the action. Just my opinion!!!! ;\)

TIS

In the original drafts, the Bourne/Nicki romance connection was made absolutely clear in that they both were an item before Bourne went amnesiac on her.

Ultimately, Greengrass was wise to dump it. Its still subtly clear in their scenes and dialogue ("You don't remember, do you?") so Greengrass can make THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM the best of the trilogy without story-junk getting in the way of the narrative. Plus, the audience at my screening LOVED Julia Stiles' smile at the end.

As for AngelaMarie's contention, I would argue this.

If Marie had lived, Bourne wouldn't have gone searching for his past. He says so in IDENTITY. But since she got skull-capped, he gets his revenge on the killer, but the pain stays. He apologizes to the poor girl whose parents he knocked off, but the pain stays.

So its part of this whole chain of events for him to get "revenge" by going home and knocking down the walls of the CIA.

Or, he's curious. Perhaps Bourne always knew that he willingly was engineered into an ass-kicking machine, but how does he know for sure? Its like those adopted kids who just can't put away trying to know who their real parents were.

But as soon as Bourne gets hooked up with the journalist, his war intensifies.

Its no longer the CIA mistakenly thinking he's gone rogue, or the CIA mistakenly thinking he killed agents in Berlin, its the inner-cabal of the CIA effectively going rogue themselves, killing anyone that gets in their way(even their own agents) and Bourne just fucks them up the ass.