GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 597 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,437
Posts1,060,983
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 259 of 319 1 2 257 258 259 260 261 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #428248
08/23/07 12:19 AM
08/23/07 12:19 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Charulata ***
My first Satyajit Ray movie. This movie, set in 19th century India, explores the emotions of a married woman and her feelings towards her husband's brother. Being in a traditional society, she cannot express her feelings openly, and there in lies the complexity of the emotions. The director uses the ambient sound very well and in most cases the noise made by hawkers in the street or someone singing in the house becomes the background for the conversations. He also uses the ambient lighting and this makes it realistic, but tough to watch. The subtitles are pretty bad in the dvd, as they miss out on a lot of dialogue. Recommended.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: olivant] #428350
08/23/07 01:17 PM
08/23/07 01:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: olivant
What was the B&W movie with Richard Widmark as the psychotic killer and what was his character's name? He pushed his invalid mother down the steps.

To answer my own question, Richard Widmark premiered in 1947 inKiss of Death as Tommy Udo - a pretty cool name.

Last edited by olivant; 08/23/07 01:17 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: olivant] #428659
08/25/07 01:28 AM
08/25/07 01:28 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Pirates of the Caribbean - At the world's end *
Good special effects. Nowadays we see so many of these special effects movies that technological achievements are not sufficient to impress the audience. Though I have seen the first two parts, I did not understand anything plot related. I think that is not important though. Even just as popcorn entertainment, it is too long to sustain the interest. I am sure it is not over, there will be more sequels until all the actors turn 70 and won't be able to act any further \:\)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429009
08/25/07 07:45 PM
08/25/07 07:45 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Le Cercle Rouge ***
This crime thriller is very similar to Le Samourai, another film by the same director. Though the story is nothing new, the film's strength lies in the way suspense is built and maintained till the end. There are many sequences with no dialogue at all, but are excellent visually.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429082
08/25/07 08:19 PM
08/25/07 08:19 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Don't know why but I'm watching Snakes On A Plane. I know the movie bombed but I just wanna hear Samuel L. Jackson say:

..." I'm sick and tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane."

Can't we all apply that phrase at some point in our jobs or life? For instance, at work, I see all the discipline problem kids. There are days I want to say, "I'm sick and tired of these mothefuckin' kids at this motherfuckin' school." Gee, think I'd have the job for long?

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/25/07 08:22 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429090
08/25/07 08:40 PM
08/25/07 08:40 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Don't know why but I'm watching Snakes On A Plane. I know the movie bombed but I just wanna hear Samuel L. Jackson say:

..." I'm sick and tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane."

Can't we all apply that phrase at some point in our jobs or life? For instance, at work, I see all the discipline problem kids. There are days I want to say, "I'm sick and tired of these mothefuckin' kids at this motherfuckin' school." Gee, think I'd have the job for long?

TIS

As a truck driver, "I'm sick of these motherfuckin' drivers on this motherfuckin' highway!"

I have to say I really enjoyed Snakes on a Plane! You've probably watched it by now, but if not, please go into it with the 'fun' frame of mind. The plot is ridiculous but the action and the characters really aren't that bad. If you go into that movie realizing that you aren't watching an Oscar quality movie you might enjoy it. It reminds me of movies like Tremors and Anaconda, where the idea is sort of stupid, but if you look past it, it's a fun movie!

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429093
08/25/07 08:43 PM
08/25/07 08:43 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hey Bibble,

It's on right now on HBO and the snakes are just beginning to make their appearance. They do give me the creeps. \:o

I got next to no sleep last night so I'm doubt I'll be doing much else but kicking back tonight. \:\/

Yea my next line was gonna be how sick I am of this MFing traffic on the MFing freeway. I'm not a truck driver, but drive a fair distance to/from work. I can relate. ;\)

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/25/07 08:44 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429098
08/25/07 09:41 PM
08/25/07 09:41 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
"Born Yesterday" (1950) starring Judy Holliday, Broderick Crawford and William Holden. Its on TCM now and I'm reminded again of how good this movie is. Crawford plays the gruff rich guy who hires William Holden to tutor Holliday, the quintessential dumb chorus line blonde. Its an hilarious movie and MUCH MUCH better than the remake with John Goodman and Melanie Griffith.

"Sopranos" fans will recognize this as the movie referred to by the screen writer that Chris kills.

If you're ever in the mood for a classic, this is to be considered.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #429107
08/25/07 11:20 PM
08/25/07 11:20 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Hey Bibble,

It's on right now on HBO and the snakes are just beginning to make their appearance. They do give me the creeps. \:o

I got next to no sleep last night so I'm doubt I'll be doing much else but kicking back tonight. \:\/

Yea my next line was gonna be how sick I am of this MFing traffic on the MFing freeway. I'm not a truck driver, but drive a fair distance to/from work. I can relate. ;\)

TIS

Let me know how you liked it \:D

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429124
08/26/07 02:04 AM
08/26/07 02:04 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Snakes on a plane is ludicrous and not even 'fun'. Snakes look fake and after a while I didn't care, how many hundreds of them were there. There were so many of them right from the beginning that it loses its scare value.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429125
08/26/07 02:05 AM
08/26/07 02:05 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: svsg
Snakes on a plane is ludicrous and not even 'fun'. Snakes look fake and after a while I didn't care, how many hundreds of them were there. There were so many of them right from the beginning that it loses its scare value.

Why are people liking SNAKES ON A PLANE anyway?

Just because it was cool? Just because it makes you hip? Just because you don't know any better?

I don't mean YOU like you svsg. You're cool with me. You have smarts, you're not a fucking idiot like......you know.....in fact, you're a BAD MOTHER FUCKER svsg. Yeah!

But yeah, you can't depend on geeks. You just can't.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 08/26/07 02:14 AM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429127
08/26/07 02:10 AM
08/26/07 02:10 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Letters from Iwo Jima *
This is a sympathetic look at the Japanese soldiers who fought the Americans on a Japanese island when they were clearly outnumbered. The dialogues are in japanese and is also narrated from the perspective of japanese themselves, with minimal screen presence of American soldiers. I did not like it much because it looks like it was designed to appeal to the sentiment rather than intellect. Every now and then we are shown the 'human' sides of the soldiers and constant references to the family and stuff makes it 'soap'-ish.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429128
08/26/07 02:17 AM
08/26/07 02:17 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Just because it was cool? Just because it makes you hip? Just because you don't know any better?

I don't mean YOU like you svsg. You're cool with me. You have smarts, you're not a fucking idiot like......you know.....in fact, you're a BAD MOTHER FUCKER svsg. Yeah!

Haha, I should now have a wallet that says "bad motherfucker" \:D

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429131
08/26/07 02:25 AM
08/26/07 02:25 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: svsg

Haha, I should now have a wallet that says "bad motherfucker" \:D

First thing tomorrow!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429404
08/26/07 12:42 PM
08/26/07 12:42 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
How about "Boys Town"? One of the things I look for in the older B&W movies is how the characters, dialogue, etc. reflect the times. I think we are all pretty familiar with how fashions have changed since the 30s & 40s, but Mickey Rooney's antics do reflect what was cool back then at least for a teenager. There also seems to be a certain naivete that is refreshing when you compare it with the muck and mire in which young peole are immersed these days.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429437
08/26/07 02:21 PM
08/26/07 02:21 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay

Since when is Snakes on a Plane cool or hip? It flopped. That doesn't mean one is a geek for liking it. Or a "fucking idiot" for liking it. Maybe those of us who enjoyed it aren't so shallow to dismiss a movie based on the the initial idea that "it looks stupid, therefore it is."

If you don't like it RRA that's fine. I would never expect others to like all of the same movies I do. But to call someone a fucking idiot for liking a movie that you don't is just plain ignorant. You're the fucking idiot.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429445
08/26/07 03:07 PM
08/26/07 03:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Since when is Snakes on a Plane cool or hip? It flopped. That doesn't mean one is a geek for liking it. Or a "fucking idiot" for liking it. Maybe those of us who enjoyed it aren't so shallow to dismiss a movie based on the the initial idea that "it looks stupid, therefore it is."

If you don't like it RRA that's fine. I would never expect others to like all of the same movies I do. But to call someone a fucking idiot for liking a movie that you don't is just plain ignorant. You're the fucking idiot.

I haven't seen it, but I get the idea. It is a frightening concept though - the threat from which you cannot escape. I won't see it because I can pretty well figure out its 90 minutes.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: SC] #429457
08/26/07 04:23 PM
08/26/07 04:23 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: SC
"Born Yesterday" (1950) starring Judy Holliday, Broderick Crawford and William Holden.

"Sopranos" fans will recognize this as the movie referred to by the screen writer that Chris kills.

Yep, and this movie has yet another connection to Chris/Sopranos.

Crawford's lawyer advises him to marry Holliday b/c "a wife can't be dragged into court to testify against her husband." And of course, Adrianna has the same bright idea when she urges Chris into proposal, after her "apprehension" by the feds. I'm not sure what the law says, but Adrianna's legal counsel tells her that it IS in fact possible for a wife to be called to testify against her husband.

Either way, I think it's safe to say that Mr. Chase is a big fan of this movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #429491
08/26/07 06:26 PM
08/26/07 06:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
AT CLOSE RANGE
(First Viewing)

Based upon the true story of Bruce Johnston Sr., his son, and his brothers; together, they constituted one of suburban Philadelphia's most notorious crime families during the 1970's. Their criminal activities ranged from burglary, theft, and ultimately, murder.

Sean Penn, at the young age of 26, put on a very good performance that would later set him up for later roles such as MYSTIC RIVER. The opening credits were absolutely fantastic because the camera is solely on Penn, not worrying about the road or where he's going. He's just a kid, out for a drive, unsure of everything. Christopher Walken was the show stealer with a role he very rarely plays, a vicious sonofab*tch, cold blooded killer. Yes he has somewhat played that before in KING OF NEW YORK but I've never see him to this extent. Ultimately, Mary Stuart Masterson's character is the most tragic. A small town girl who falls in love with Sean Penn's character and gets caught up in the family business. She risks her entire existence to be with him and what transpires is heartbreaking.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #429525
08/26/07 09:07 PM
08/26/07 09:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I saw the last 30 minutes of The Departed last night. I hope the first 90 minutes or so were better. DeCaprio did a great job of acting, but Damon - wooden. Those successive murders at the end - that was juvenile. It was like a game of Tag.

Last edited by olivant; 08/26/07 11:34 PM.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: olivant] #429536
08/26/07 10:50 PM
08/26/07 10:50 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I liked the murder sequence. Probably the most lasting memory of the film for me.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: olivant] #429537
08/26/07 11:20 PM
08/26/07 11:20 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: olivant
I saw the last 30 minutes of The Departed last night. I hope the first 90 minutes or so were better. DeCaprio did a great job of acting, but Dillon - wooden. Those successive murders at the end - that was juvenile. It was like a game of Tag.

Matt Dillon was in THE DEPARTED?

Damn, Matt Damon got fucked!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429565
08/27/07 04:17 AM
08/27/07 04:17 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I watched THE QUEEN tonight... and was wondering why it wasn't titled THE QUEEN, DURING THAT WEEK (Diana died).... wtf?

I do, tho, wonder what our resident Brits thought about it....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #429566
08/27/07 04:26 AM
08/27/07 04:26 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
did you like it?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #429567
08/27/07 04:31 AM
08/27/07 04:31 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I thought Helen Mirren's performance was great - but - not knowing the actual history, I don't know anything.... so therefor I'm asking.... ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #429593
08/27/07 08:42 AM
08/27/07 08:42 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Damn, I missed the Snakes on a Plane discussion.

I motherfucking love that movie.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: bogey] #429600
08/27/07 11:46 AM
08/27/07 11:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: bogey

Want to see my snake? Let me whip it out...

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #429602
08/27/07 11:47 AM
08/27/07 11:47 AM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there

Want to see my snake? Let me whip it out...

Oh baby, oh baby. \:p

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: bogey] #429659
08/27/07 08:30 PM
08/27/07 08:30 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay

*high-five* "Geeks" Unite!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #429660
08/27/07 08:38 PM
08/27/07 08:38 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Actually what is the definition of a geek? RRA basically said people who like Snakes on a Plane are geeks, and it was said in a negative way. What does it mean to be a geek? And why is it a bad thing?

Page 259 of 319 1 2 257 258 259 260 261 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull