Originally Posted By: olivant
Chiller Theater? In Pgh. we had a similar saturday night movie. Can't remember the show's name. But it was hosted by Chilli Billi Cardilli who I believe also hosted Saturday Studio Wrestling and a few other programs.

Bill "Chilly Billy" Cardille's Pittsburgh TV show was also called Chiller Theater. If I remember correctly, he also had a local hit record called "Chilly Billy's Vamp", though I've never actually heard it. Cardille had small roles in both versions of Night of the Living Dead.

I remember watching him host wrestling on shows that were carried in the NYC area in the late '60s: "This is Bill Cardille, the voice of professional wrestling, welcoming you to sixty minutes of unorganized mayhem where anything is liable to happen - and usually does!" When Vince McMahon Jr. came on the scene, Cardille was out. Around 1973-74, I saw him hosting a wrestling show on a small upstate New York TV station (possible from Utica), though I don't know where that show actually originated.

From what the IMDb says on Cardille's bio page, he's still heard locally on a daily radio show.

Check out this site:

Chiller Theater Memories

Quote:
Anyone remember the Beast with Five Fingers?

As far as The Beast With Five Fingers, I remember it very well - I have it on tape somewhere in the Vitelli Archives. I mentioned it earlier in this thread. I'm betting a lot of other folks have seen it too.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."