I assume quitting cigars has the same affect as quitting cigs. Good luck to you Part.

I considered the patch and the gum, but heard too much negative about the patch and didn't think I'd like the gum. Anyway, like I posted in my original post, I did not quit cold turkey and thus far, it worked for me. I'll tell you something though. Quitting is an individual choice. Why I am trying now? Why does it seem to be working? I don't know. All I know is one cannot be pushed into quitting. When/if the time is right is the time to try. \:\)

Weight gain? Yea, I expect it. I've read that one gains between 5 & 20 pounds after quitting smoking. I'm hoping for the former, since I don't really care to be a "blimpo" . Anyway, I am taking deliberate steps NOT to change my eating habits and really I've done well at that too. I read that smoking burns 120 calories a day (don't ask me how they know), so if one cuts down say on one glass of soda or anything with the calories amount, it should help. Of course exercise and/or a brisk half hour walk is recommended as well.

So far, I'm pleased to say I am doing good! \:\) The cravings are still everyday, several times a day, but they urge has subsided considerably for me. I'm gonna wait til Sept. 15 (3 months) before I tell my kids (unless they say something first).

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon