Originally Posted By: svsg
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
You're throwing another being's flesh away so it may be disposed of at a waste site. That strikes me as incredibly disturbing and completely messed up.

How does eating it make it any better. Having killed, you eat it, throw it, do anything else - nothing changes the fact that it was killed. And like the first post mentioned, we are not talking about facing starvation in jungle where we have to kill. Eating is just as bad as throwing it. But that is not what geoff referred to probably, he makes a point about people wasting when many are starving, not specifically meat.

You don't have to tell me; I've been a strict vegetarian for eleven years. I eat dairy, but that's it. No meat, no seafood. The entire situation is absolutely fucked up. Biting into another being's flesh after cooking it, etc. It's all very strange. If this were 500 BC, and we were not present the luxury of mass-processed vegetables, fruit, wheat and the likes, then fine, Go eat a ferret or whatever to survive. But it's not. We're very much so capable of finding alternative sources of food that are less harmful to the ecosystem and life. But society doesn't want to. It's just another quarrel I'll bring to my grave.

I'm not one to tell someone what to do though. I don't make it a point to stop others from consuming meat; but I still don't understand it. The idea of meat itself isn't just unsatisfying, it's repulsive. Or that's how I see it. I can't picture myself keeping meat down without vomiting it back up (insert sexual innuendo here).

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."