Originally Posted By: svsg
They would go on and on about fur, cosmetics, tiger skin, dolphins etc, but would not mind eating meat

That's because most livestock is bred specifically to be eaten. If no one ate meat, those animals wouldn't even have lived. In fact, many species wouldn't even be around right now if they weren't meant to be eaten or used.

Ever see a "wild" dairy cow? \:p

I love animals, and I feel for every single one of them. Really, I do! I, personally, could never physically kill one to eat it. But most food-item animals would never have been born if they weren't meant to die. Carrots and spinach, too, by the way. \:p ;\)

I take more offense to some cultures abusing and eating animals usually considered as house pets. THAT disgusts me to no end. Cats and dogs being mistreated makes me sick. Regardless of some cultures who may disagree with me, at the same time, I allow others to disagree with ME that livestock is meant to be eaten, and are only alive TO be eaten.

The biggest problem, in my eyes, is not WHAT we eat, but how much we -- as a society -- WASTE. Pretty sad to me. I was always taught to eat however much you want, but eat what you take. Like buffet signs. ;\) But it's true. There's nothing worse than wasted food with all the starving people in the world.

Okay, I will stop rambling now. ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations