Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
War Of The Gargantuans!

OMG! Anyone remember it?

Do I ever! I saw War of the Gargantuas in the theatres back around 1967(?) and have been avoiding it ever since! That was another film that used to turn up with some regularity on Chiller Theater on WPIX in NYC. That film was one of those that comprised the nadir of Russ Tamblyn's career. (That, and the crap he made for Al Adamson.) Hard to believe that it had only been a few years since Seven Brides For Seven Brothers and West Side Story. But, just like Nick Adams in Frankenstein Conquers the World, when Hollywood seemingly forgets you're alive, Japan beckons.

At least with Tamblyn, he's lived long enough to enjoy a rediscovery.

Re: SC and It Came From Beneath the Sea - I've always felt that anything by Ray Harryhausen was worth watching. I have a copy of this somewhere, though it's been a few years since I've hauled it out. As I remember the backstory, this was the famous "quintopus" - only five tentacles because the producers could only afford $50,000 for Harryhausen's services. Supposedly, he charged $10,000 per tentacle for his special effects stop-motion wizardry. Of course, nowadays, you wouldn't have to call in the military - just Lidia Bastianich! Presto! Instant Seafood Salad for a large gathering on It Came From Lidia's Family Table! \:D

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."