I was a strict vegetarian for about 25 years. That was three years ago. Since then I have different types of meat once. I ate chicken maybe thrice or so. And some egg product like omelet a bit more. Recently, on the last day of my summer internship, all the co-ops were taken out for a lunch by our manager. The popular choice was sushi, and I ate raw fishes too. I come from a family where it is not permitted to eat meat/eggs according to religious beliefs. But since I am no longer a believer, I have tried to break my taboo. Having tasted beef, chicken, fish etc, I don't like any of them. I am a vegetarian on 99.9% of occasions. In India where I am from, unlike here in US, there are hundreds of great tasting vegetarian dishes and I love them. I am not against meat consumption or killing animals. I don't care so much about animals. But I am against people who claim to love animals, but justify eating meat because either it is for food (not pleasure) or because of the reason that they are bred for that specific purpose. They would go on and on about fur, cosmetics, tiger skin, dolphins etc, but would not mind eating meat