Originally Posted By: ScarFather
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Keaton's transformation in the moment of the silent scream is a brilliant piece of acting, but it always left me wondering if that emotion would later transform to even more bitterness toward Michael. Remember she loved Michael but she also dreaded him, and now the most dreadful thing one could have happen --- the loss of a child -- is visited on her and the blame goes back to Michael.

Agreed. Brilliant.

I think after Mary's death she could never love or forgive Michael. Ever. After all "his decision" to get "mixed up in the family business" is what utlimately gets Mary killed. Kay wont see it any other way.

Kay's worst nightmare... Michael and his business comes home to take out one of their family members. Just think... when Kay tells Michael in GF2... "we are leaving now" - she is trying to get the kids away from that life and its dangers "where my children come to play with their toys"

By the way... at the time in GF3 when she tells Michael that she dreads him... I think its just Kay being a woman being dramatic = "drama" "sensationalism"

Yes, that is something she would probably never forgive but when Mary gets shot and Micheal is screaming i think she realises how much Micheal cared.