Originally Posted By: Turnbull
"Bride of Frankenstein" is the class act of horror movies. Karloff's greatest performance, brilliant sets, great score, wonderful supporting performances--and a rich vein of dry humor throughout. Nothing else comes close.

Another that I watch often is "The Black Cat,"first and best of the Karloff/Lugosi collaborations. Ingenious and compressed story that avoids in-your-face horror, but creates a steadily increasing mood of decadence and corruption. Outstanding use of sets and makeup. A real chiller.

The scene when they are unveiling The Monster's Bride for the first time is magnificent. The look on Elsa Lancaster's face, those fixated eyes combined with the musical score makes for a truly memorable scene.

The Black Cat is definitely another good one. An excellent Edgar Allen Poe Tale. I also liked some of the other movies based on Poe stories like The Raven, The Oblong Box, etc. Vincent Price was outstanding in those movies.

And while on the subject of master of horror actors Karloff and Vincent Price, how about "The Comedy Of Terrors" which starrred the two of them as well as another master of horror, Peter Lorre? (which by the way, Signor V. was written by Richard Matheson, the writer of I am Legend).

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.