KUNG FU PUNCH OF DEATH
(First Viewing)

In this period martial arts action drama, Fong Si Yu (Meng Fei) is a gifted but arrogant young man who has not learned how to manage his anger or use his gifts for the martial arts for positive purposes. Fong's reckless attacks upon the corrupt leader of a martial arts academy leads to the death of his father, and the disappearance of his mother; a further assault, which claims the life of a student, leaves Fong severely injured at the hands of Iron Fist Tan (Yasuaki Kurata) and the other members of the academy. A humiliated Fong is reunited with his mother, who helps to train him for an epic rematch against Tan and the embittered students.

This has got to be one of the two films Quentin Tarantino contributed to the L.A. Grindhouse Film Festival. I'd love to see QT do a kung fu movie myself and this was right up my alley as it was a kung fu and grindhouse film. The story was good and an enjoyable revenge tale. However, the villains were a nice change because the main character wasn't fighting just one person, but two. They're brothers and one fights only with his hands while the other fights only with his feet. Definitely more of a challenge when trying to fight two expert fighters at the same time as opposed to one.