That's absolutely true DC. There are always deals during the weekedays and especially in the summer.

Keep in mind too, that it's good to check a date in advance or have a couple possible dates. Even though Vegas has it's down seasons and slow times, "IF" there is a convention (and believe me they have all kinds of conventions there)rooms will be sky high and basically unavailable.

When I first moved to CA, my husband and I decided to go to Vegas on a whim. We were new to CA and Vegas was so close. \:\) We figured we would get a room when we got there.

Well, there was some car convention of some sort and there wasn't a hotel to be found. We had the kids with us and needed to stay somewhere. We found this dive on the strip and paid $100 for one night (this was in 1980 and that was a lot) \:o

I learned my lesson. Even if I were going on a whim, I'd check a couple hotels (now I can check on line) and see if they are all booked. Just food for thought.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon