Originally Posted By: olivant
I've never understood the desire to smoke. When I was a kid I tried it. It was harsh, the smoke bothered me, and it was hot. That cured me.

When I was a kid I thought it was disgusting. I tried a puff off my mom's from the ashtray and nearly died. I'd hear my mom hacking in the bathroom, and I'd put her cigarettes out. She smoked for a long time, and with my encouragement, quit cold turkey and has been smoke free for at least 25 years. (Thank goodness, because otherwise she probably wouldn't be with us today at age 78). I'm sure it wasn't easy for her, but she never seemed to complain about it. I'm sure I probably disappointed her when I started as a teenager -- the rest of the band smoked, so how could I not look so *cool*

Originally Posted By: olivant
I had the same experience with liquor. As a kid I drank some anisette from time to time, and that cured me of wanting liquor.

I never had that "problem" ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations