Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I know many have tried, some suceed and some don't. Well, I took the plunge.
TIS

Now you've inspired me!

Tell you what I'm going to do TIS. I'm going to join you. Let's stay in support of each other and set New Years Day 2008 as our goal date to stay smoke free! (and of course continue to from then on.)

But we'll make it interesting. Starting with and counting tomorrow there are 133 days left in the year. If we both preservere until New Years Day, than we each make a donation to a charity of our choice in the amount of $133.

If one of us stays the course and the other one doesn't then the one who doesn't has to make a $266 donation to the charity picked by the one who preservered.

So we'll make tomorrow the official starting date.

Waddya say me lady?

DC,

I'll give it a shot. It really isn't fair though that I've got a 2 month jump on you. How about if I go through March. Would that even things out?

Another thing, what if (and I mean "if") one of us falls off and has one smoke or even two or if I say DC I couldn't resist and had two hits of a cigaret. How do we handle something like that. Is it an automatic loss? I won't complain mind you, but just checking the ground rules. You know how serious quitting is....and add a little cash to the equation and whoa!!!!

Good luck DC!!!

Giving to a charity is a good idea. I know logically the heart association and or cancer are great causes. "I always took a special interest in a cure for alzheimers. I think that's what I'd choose. But hey, got a long long way to go!!!!

Does holding an unlit cig in my hand count??? "The heat is on!"

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon