A hearty congratulations to you, TIS. I'm so very proud of you. It's a big thing for a smoker to quit, as for many smokers, it's an almost impossible feat. You should be very proud of yourself being smoke-free for 2 months!

Smoking seems to be an epidemic in my family. Nearly everyone in my family smokes (or used to smoke.) My grandmother died at the young age of 59 from lung cancer that metastasized to her brain, and it was from smoking. My grandfather quit the year I was born. My stepmom quit over a year ago.

My dad, unfortunately...doesn't seem to have the willpower, and he is an absolute slave to his addiction. He goes through 2 cartons a week. That's 400 cigarettes in 7 days. He smokes more out of habit and boredom than actual pleasure, now. It's a sad thing to see, because he's nearing that fateful age of my grandmother's death. \:\(

Again, TIS, congratulations. And hopefully you can be an inspiration to anyone else out there who wants to quit, and just doesn't know how! \:\)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis