VACANCY
(First Viewing)

David and Amy Fox find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere when their car breaks down. Luckily, they come across a motel with a TV to entertain them during their overnight stay. However, there's something very strange and familiar about the Grade-Z slasher movies that the motel broadcasts for its guests' enjoyment. They all appear to be filmed in the very same room they occupy! Realizing that they are trapped in their room with hidden cameras now aimed at them filming their every move, David and Amy desperately find a means of escape through locked doors, crawlspaces and underground tunnels before they too become the newest stars of the mystery filmmaker's next cult classic!

Another film that I originally wanted to see in theaters that I'm glad I didn't. From the previews I thought it was sort of original and interesting, but unfortunately, wasn't executed as well. I thought it could have been more freighting. However, from watching it, the film did remind me of PSYCHO with the hotel room and everything. I always wondered what had happened to Frank Whaley but this wasn't the film to make a comeback in. Also, the killers in this were never really explained. There's 2 of them and you see the first one early on in the film so it's not a surprise to see him, but the other person is never really explained or identified. Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale worked well together as a couple on the verge of divorce and Luke was there to provide a comedy plug briefly. For those interested, I'd say wait until it comes on HBO.