Originally Posted By: Turnbull
 Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
You think Turnbull was right??

Best laugh I've had all day!

Hey... he was wrong once before.

He once said the 1932 WO6 version of the 770 Mercedes Benz engine produced 145 horsepower. Everyone knows it was 150!!

The engine's output was 145hp SAE, 150 DIN. We were both right.

Hmmm...why does this remind me of Marisa Tomei on the witness stand in My Cousin Vinny? ;\)

Johnny Sac? Y'know, I never noticed the resemblance until now. But yeah, I guess a bit - particularly in that photo.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Was Sabine German?

I don't think so, but I can't be sure. I never knew her maiden name, and I barely remember her. Just about everyone was Russian or Lithuanian Jewish. Interestingly, though her name was spelled "Sabine", it was always pronounced "Sabina".

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Uncle Phil has a little Mr. Saturday Night in him.

Uncle Phil was quite well known among magicians. He's still a member of the Society of American Magicians, though he can't really travel much anymore. Do a Google search for Farvel the Marvel, and you'll find him. Back in the 1970s, I built some wonderfully (and deliberately) cheesy props for his act and even made a false head of him. (He absolutely hated having a plaster mold made of his face, but he loved the end result.)

I just want to thank everyone here for being so patient and indulgent with the all photos I've posted. I realize everything hasn't been purely on-topic, but I thought it would be good not to leave everyone hanging as far as the rest of the story of these really unique women.

Signor V.

Last edited by Signor Vitelli; 08/10/07 04:56 PM.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."