Well not necesarily a career change (still a non-profit geek) but a change in organizations.

After much soul searching, I have made the tough decision to move on as Executive Director of the Greater KC American Diabetes Association. I start as Executive Director of the American Stroke Foundation next week.

I love the ADA and believe they have (and will continue to do so) done more in the war on diabetes.

However, the ADA is a large organization and I feel I can make big difference in the lives of others with the American Stroke Foundation. The ASF is only 10 years old and is the only non-profit organization that provides post-rehabilitative services to stroke survivors. The goal is to build the ideal model in the KC metro and then use this model to build similiar sites across the nation.

I still have a passion for people with diabetes and, unfortunately, diabetes and stroke seem to go hand in hand. 2/3 of people with diabetes will die from a stroke or heart attack!

So wish me luck in my new endeavor and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions about strokes (prevention, rehab, rights, etc...) or diabetes for that matter.

Here is the link to the organization's website. Check it out
http://www.americanstroke.org/

Did you know that every 45 seconds, another American suffers a stroke -- about the same amount of time it took you to read this post. Will the next victim be your friend, mom/dad/brother/sister,etc... or some other loved one!?!