DISTURBIA 1/2
(First Viewing)

After his father is killed in a car accident, things unravel for Kale Brecht and he is placed under house-arrest for punching his Spanish teacher. Having nothing better to do, Kale occupies himself by spying on his neighbors. But one night, he witnesses what appears to be a murder going on in Mr. Turner's house. Kale becomes obsessed with uncovering the truth behind these murders but, after a few unsettling run-ins with Mr. Turner, it becomes a matter of life and death. And the ominous question: Who is watching who?

Before Shia starred in the blockbuster hit TRANSFORMERS, he was in the teenie bopper remake of REAR WINDOW. I didn't expect much for this movie and I wasn't disappointed as a result. How this was the #1 movie in America for a brief period of time is beyond me. I didn't find the film suspenseful at all, but rather bland and predictable. I like David Morse and I think the only reason he agreed to this film was because he was able to star in it as the villain (an opportunity he isn't afforded very often). It could also have been the paycheck, I really don't know on that one. Glad Shia rebounded from this one with TRANSFORMERS and I'm sure his next film, the 4th INDIANA JONES film will be an even bigger success.