Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
TB, that's amazing! I am always impressed with the way that people will embrace a complete stranger because there's that blood tie. Isn't it wonderful???

Blood is blood. It's simply amazing.

It's so true. I experienced this when I was in Italy. Whenever a local in one of the cities or towns would ask me if I was an American, I would tell them, in Italian, that I have Italian Blood, SANGUE italiano Nelle Mie Vene, in my veins. And they would embrace me as if I were a part of their family.

Well, I haven't been to Italy but it is true. I can tell from parents, and grandparents while growing up. A certain pride in their heritage (probably everyone from every background has this pride, I don't know). If someone is Italian that made him/her a little more "special". When I was a young girl dating someone new they'd ask, "Is he Italian?"

One tv show a few years back in the credits listed a writer with the same last name as mine (maiden name). My parents got such a kick out of it. They watched the show every week to see it. ha ha ha. They're so cute. \:D

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon