Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
He was a little confused as to what was going on, but after about a half hour, he really looked at my mom, and he said, "You're Anna? The daughter of my brother Leonardo?" and he started to cry.

It was one of the most moving things I've ever seen.

Geeez.... My eyes teared up just reading that... What did you mother do?

I have a story somewhat similar to yours and SB's:
When my wife's mother and her family fled Eastern Europe after WWI, they made their way, precariously, across Ukraine and Germany to Antwerp, where they boarded a ship to America. The ship stopped in Liverpool and, for some reason, part of the family got off and never got back on. So, the family legend was that there were some relatives in England, but they were unknown.

Flash forward 60 years. My wife's cousin had business in London. On a lark, he looked in the phone book for families with his last name. He found several. He started calling. Bingo: The first family he called turned out to be the successors of the 1919 immigrants. They immediately invited him for dinner, and he kept up the relationship. A couple of years later, his sister had a surprise 40th birthday party. Who turned up for it? One of the UK relatives, who had gotten a job transfer to NYC. My wife and I met her at the party, and we had a swell time. Small world! \:\)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.