I've just realized, by carefully examining some unposted pictures with a magnifying glass, that it would appear my mom and her friends actually went to Canada! (Who knew?) So, there is a good chance that is where many of these photos were taken.

Here are two more:

Top: A delivery at a produce market. On the right, a truck has backed up to unload its goods. In the foreground are wooden crates with bunches of carrots resting on them.

Bottom: A horse and buggy waits at curbside. At the top of the picture, a fragment of a sign is visible that says "Baths". It may have been a small hotel. Across the street, the sign says "L.L.A. Bertrand", and this was probably a bar. Up the steps and over the doors, a sign says "Beer" along with a couple of other illegible words. To the right, a sign just above the street-level windows (on the light-colored building) says "Tourists".

Attached Files 175-1945GreengrocerBB.jpg176-1945Horse&BuggyBB.jpg
Last edited by Signor Vitelli; 08/09/07 08:47 PM. Reason: Reposted larger images.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."