Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
 Originally Posted By: SC
Feel free to post a pic or two (and please give a little explanation).
Ya know, after jumping on LLC in the "Bizarre" thread for not sharing his own experiences, you're not setting a very good example.

I jumped on llc for not sharing his own experiences???? You smoking those funny cigarettes again??

My scanner/pc setup is completely kerblooey now. The only photo I have on my pc that fits this category is one that I've posted already but I'll be glad to add it again.

This picture, from the summer of 1942, shows my mom and sister in some garden setting (possibly Prospect Park in Brooklyn). Michael Corleone was off fighting in the war (the U.S. had entered WWII some seven or eight months earlier); my father had not been drafted at this point (by virtue of being a father he had a deferment until 1944) but I had two uncles who were serving then - one in the Pacific theater and one in Europe. This picture was taken at the same time the Germans were beginning their offensive against the Russians in Stalingrad and the battle of Midway was being fought in the Pacific. I've often thought that this picture, taken in such a serene setting, totally belies the horror of the times with the world at war.

Notice the "puffy" sleeves on my mother's dress and the hairstyle - very Andrews Sisters like (they were one of the big music groups popular at the time - you can see them in some of the early Abbott & Costello movies):

You're right about the date and placed of that picture, SC. I know, because I took it.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.