Originally Posted By: SC
I think the fun of this type of thread is that we all have ancestors who lived through the war period and many of them probably have had photos taken.

Since my scanner isn't working I'm gonna try to get some screen captures from old family movies. The style of clothing, for instance, is fun to see. As TIS said earlier, the 40's had a certain panache about them when it came to the clothes/styles.

SC,

By "screen captures" I assume you mean taking pictures from the movie screen? I think I'll try that as well. I mentioned a while back that I have a very short 8mm movie clip from 1940 of my parents' engagement party. I'd love to get some still shots of it if possible and download them. It's on VHS though and I don't have a working VCR. I'll check into it. \:\/

I'm sure this is beyond my comprehension,but isn't it possible to download short clips from home movies??? Boy, I'd love to be able to do that.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/05/07 08:48 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon