I dislike a lot of films, but I don't think there's all that many (in relation to the amount I've actually seen) that I could say, "That should never have been made". I'm not sure what comprises such damnation.

Like I said, The Simpsons was the first one that sprung to mind, but only because it's out right now.

Spielberg's movies? Come on. They're far from conventional. Their narrative structure, visual superiority, technical prowess and aesthetic discipline have been and always will be forever imitated, but rarely are they matched in the realms of mainstream Hollywood Cinema. His worst (that I've seen) is Munich, and despite all the crass pretentiousness of that film, there were some lovely, visually satisfying moments in it. At worst, he's the victim of his own originality, his own self-promotion - I could easily dislike him for the same reasons I dislike Tarantino: over-familiarity, over-popular, over-influential.

Instead of "Movies That Should Never Have Been Made," I'd prefer to make a list of "Movies that make you say, 'What were they thinking?'" Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I see a lot of fantastic films being listed here simply because somebody didn't like them. The one film I listed may well be one I turn out to like... though whether or not it should be made is another matter.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?