Oh, for the record, I don't think any film should be denied its way to production; I'm just utilizing hyperbole, as I've done plenty a time over the course of my exisitence on this site. Every expression is important to some extent and art--much like history--will repeat itself through the conception of inspiration. Beyond simple reincarnation, one idea brings light to another idea. Without a standard and mediocre film, we may never have a clever and cinematically profound film. Without subpar action films and B-grade horror, kung fu and crime epics, we may never have the work of Quentin Tarantino, or at least as we know it. There are plenty of other scenerio's and careers that I could say the same of, but Tarantino's seems to be the most obvious and easy to spot early influence.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."