GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DanteMoltisanti, 1 invisible), 476 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,467
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,955
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 254 of 319 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #421620
08/03/07 11:19 AM
08/03/07 11:19 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
La Strada ***
This is an Italian movie directed by Felini. Excellent portrayal of complex human relationships. The movie starts off being silly and boring, but slowly the complexity builds up and the by the end, it is just mind blowing. What sustains certain relationships, when it is clearly parasitic? Or is it symbiotic, rather than parasitic? The lengths to which people go in a hopeless direction and the tragedy behind it all - beautifully summed up by this movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #421627
08/03/07 12:01 PM
08/03/07 12:01 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: svsg
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
SAVAGE MAN/SAVAGE BEAST 1/2
(First Viewing)

Here's a National Geographic style documentary that's alternately exploitive and informative. The film presents a wide variety of ways that humans interact with nature. It depicts the actual footage of a careless man (Pit Dernitz) leaving the safety of his car to film lions close up and ends up being their dinner. Other highlights include natives humping the ground in hopes of bringing life to the land, various big game hunting and last but not least naked hippies.

One of, if not THE worst documentary I've ever seen. Yes I should have seen it coming being that it is a grind house film, but still. This documentary was sick, brutal and even torturous at times. I feel the directors tried too hard to pull examples to support their 'hunting instincts claim' and failed. As you can probably tell I was offended by the material and will probably never watch this again. Count me out for the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST.

Surprised you found it on DVD. When I was watching this genre of movies, I tried looking for a torrent of this movie, but could find only one source. Now I don't feel like watching it.

Yeah I would stay away from it. It was on this Grindhouse DVD that I bought last week:

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421702
08/03/07 04:44 PM
08/03/07 04:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
CONFESSIONS OF A POLICE CAPTAIN
(First Viewing)

One of the first films about the mafia occurrence, in which the fight is hopeless, because mafia reaches everything and everybody. A police inspector and a deputy public prosecutor try to prove that the architect in the city is in the mafia.

I'm not really sure why this is considered a grindhouse film but it was rather enjoyable about a police captain who hires an insane inmate to kill the kingpin figure in their city because he's beat the rap 3 times. I was reminded of Batman, Daredevil and some of the other superhero's who feel that justice wasn't served for an individual/group and they take it upon themselves to dish out their own brand of it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421758
08/03/07 10:15 PM
08/03/07 10:15 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
VENGEANCE IS MINE
(First Viewing)

Iwao Enokizu is a middle-aged man who has an unexplainable urge to commit insane and violent murders. Eventually he is chased by the police all over Japan, but somehow he always manages to escape. He meets a woman who runs a brothel. They love each other but how long can they be together?

The beginning of the film was really fantastic. The main star quickly disposes of two gentlemen, just giving into the urge he has. However, from then on, the story fumbles the great beginning they built. I really didn't see the relevance for his relationship with the hooker. I really didn't and thought they should have continued where they left off with at the beginning. It's a shame because I felt the movie could have been better \:\/

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421774
08/04/07 12:48 AM
08/04/07 12:48 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
PATHFINDER
(First Viewing)

A Viking boy is left behind after his clan battles a Native American tribe. Raised within the tribe, he ultimately becomes their savior in a fight against the Norsemen.

This film was doomed from the beginning. Hardly any connection is established between the main character and his village. So when they're all cut down to size as they say, I don't give a sh*t. And that's how I felt for the entire film. People were being slaughtered onscreen, with the CGI blood flowing like red win, and I've got a case of the apathies. Secondly, I've never been a fan of Karl Urban's work. Ever since I saw him in the LORD OF THE RINGS films, I felt he was nothing more than a pretty boy trying to act tougher than he was. Finally, it's not too surprising to see this film fall flat as writer Laeta Kalogridis also helped write Oliver Stone's ALEXANDER. I think enough's said on that one.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #421781
08/04/07 02:02 AM
08/04/07 02:02 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Like THE FOUNTAIN, I am honored that I saw ZODIAC in theatres.

Am I the only one who finds watching movies in the theater a pain in the neck? I love the whole movie experience, but what I don't like is that the rest of the audience can have an affect (or is it effect) on how much I enjoy the movie. I absolutely hate it when someone near me is talking the entire time, or eating some sort of food that comes in a crinkly wrapper. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer watching a movie at home in complete silence so that I'm not distracted by people around me and can get sucked into the movie the way the makers intended.

Certain movies on the other hand are better in the theaters, such as Grindhouse... and usually extremely serious or disturbing movies keep people from talking because they are in shock. Opening night for a movie is usually good if there is a big fan base for the movie already, such as a comic book movie, or something along those lines. But for the most part, I don't like watching movies in the theater.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421787
08/04/07 03:08 AM
08/04/07 03:08 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
PATHFINDER was fucked before it was ever shot.

I mean, the same title as a car? Oh, you ARE fucked indeed.

Damn Clancy Brown, you're better than this dreck. Karl Urban...fire your agent.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Blibbleblabble] #421803
08/04/07 10:24 AM
08/04/07 10:24 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Am I the only one who finds watching movies in the theater a pain in the neck? I love the whole movie experience, but what I don't like is that the rest of the audience can have an affect (or is it effect) on how much I enjoy the movie. I absolutely hate it when someone near me is talking the entire time, or eating some sort of food that comes in a crinkly wrapper. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer watching a movie at home in complete silence so that I'm not distracted by people around me and can get sucked into the movie the way the makers intended.

No, you're not the only one. We talked about this briefly when FANTASTIC FOUR 2 and TRANSFORMERS came out because of all the kiddies who went to see it. Most of the times that I go to the theater it's fine, but kids movies now are beginning to be the death of me. The audience for TRANSFOMERS was fine but for FANTASTIC FOUR 2, the kids wouldn't shut up. Parents need to step in and tell them to shut up or Heaven forbid, take them out of the theater \:o I don't care if they paid for them or not. I didn't pay $8 to hear you or your brat during the movie. Likewise, I hate it when teenie boppers or adults talk during the movie. I also didn't pay $8 to hear your commentary on the movie. Why do people act as if they've never been to a movie before and are shocked to learn they have to be quiet?

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Certain movies on the other hand are better in the theaters, such as Grindhouse... and usually extremely serious or disturbing movies keep people from talking because they are in shock. Opening night for a movie is usually good if there is a big fan base for the movie already, such as a comic book movie, or something along those lines. But for the most part, I don't like watching movies in the theater.

This is why I still go to the movies. Some movies you just HAVE to see on the big screen, such as GRINDHOUSE, 300, etc. Unfortunately, the audience is a craps shoot. However, if it's a movie that I'm really excited about like 300, GRINDHOUSE, TRANSFORMERS, THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, those opening night audiences are usually the best believe it or not. They are excited to see it too and understand the value of silence. But like I said, I'll always go to the theater to see a film on the big screen and try to tolerate the audience.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421805
08/04/07 10:42 AM
08/04/07 10:42 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
 Originally Posted By: Blibble
Am I the only one who finds watching movies in the theater a pain in the neck? [and all that followed]
"The best way to for me to see a film is the biggest possible theatre, with the biggest possible screen, with the loudest possible Dolby; but just me, nobody else." Peter Greenaway

As a student, I have a lot of time on my hands, and whenever I can, I make sure I go see films on a morning weekday, to avoid all the popcorn munching and talking.

Last edited by Capo de La Cosa Nostra; 08/04/07 10:43 AM.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #421810
08/04/07 11:05 AM
08/04/07 11:05 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
As a student, I have a lot of time on my hands, and whenever I can, I make sure I go see films on a morning weekday, to avoid all the popcorn munching and talking.

Yeah going during the day on a weekday is usually the best time. Unfortunately, those days are almost done for me. However, at my favorite movie theater, the Alamo Drafthouse, every Tuesday is baby day. For the first showing of any of their films on Tuesday afternoons, infants are welcome are allowed in for free.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421816
08/04/07 12:20 PM
08/04/07 12:20 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
 Originally Posted By: Irish
For the first showing of any of their films on Tuesday afternoons, infants are welcome are allowed in for free.
I'm confused: are you complaining, or are you having a shave, wearing a cap and waltzing along in hope of a free ticket yourself? \:p

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #421832
08/04/07 01:01 PM
08/04/07 01:01 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Complaining. I think I went to a baby day twice. Yeah, that won't happen again!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421915
08/04/07 09:21 PM
08/04/07 09:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
DOUBLE SUICIDE 1/2
(Second Viewing)

In 18th Century in Japan, the paper merchant Jihei (Kichiemon Nakamura) falls in love for the courtesan Koharu (Shima Iwashita), but he can not afford to redeem her from her master and owner of the brothel, since he spent all his money in the place with Koharu. Jihei's wife Osan tries to keep her husband with his two children and asks Koharu to leave him. The two lovers make a pact of double suicide to escape from the rigid rules of the Japanese society of 1720 and stay together after death.

Yeah, I'm convinced now this is a play made as a movie, which I thought was terrific. This time around, I found the wife of Jihei's to be probably the most tragic of them all. Sure Jihei and Koharu, the main lovers are tragic because the only way they can be together is in death. However, with Osan (Jihei's wife), she is married, has two children, and in love with a man who does not love her. She's done everything that's been asked of her as a wife and then some. Her character unfortunately, truly gets the shaft.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #421981
08/05/07 12:54 AM
08/05/07 12:54 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE EXECUTIONER 2
(First Viewing)

An L.A. cop and a reporter team up to find a masked serial killer.

So far from the DVD set that I bought, this film fits the grindhouse title perfectly. The serial killer is suppose to be a delusional Vietnam vet and there's hardly any story built for that. The movie begins with a couple of war scenes and we're suppose to understand how or why this guy is messed up from the war? Secondly, the costume worn by this vigilante was by far the most ridiculous I've ever seen. It was basically a green army jacket, black leather gloves, and a scarf covering his face. Also, I'm not even sure there was a script to go by. It seemed, at least in a couple of scenes with the police captain, the actors were just imprompting. Finally, the directing was horrendous. It was like watching an 8th grade school project on film. Blibble or svsg, you guys may enjoy this one \:D

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #422138
08/05/07 06:14 PM
08/05/07 06:14 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
1) I just saw "Sicko" and really found it very interesting. Well worth watching.

2) Remember how I said I kept falling asleep cause "The Bourne Identity" was on so late and I couldn't stay awake? Well, I finally saw it in it's entirety and loved it. I plan to rent Bourne Supremecy soon (maybe this weekend)so I can see the latest one. \:\)

TIS

That's GREAT gal!

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, I argue, is better than the first film. If IDENTITY was a thriller disguised as an intense action movie, the sequel is a Revenge-Drama disguised as an intense action movie.

THE BOURNE IDENTITY (2002) - ***1/2
THE BOURNE SUPREMACY (2004) - ****

Of course, that ULTIMATUM is out this weekend as well. \:D

Ok, so I don't go to the movies very often, but am I the only one who saw Bourne Ultimatum this weekend?

I loved it!! \:\) Literally gripped my interest almost from the very beginning. Talk about edge of your seat suspense. No shortage of it here that's for sure. And, what a great ending. \:\)

I saw all three within 2 weeks (or less). I honestly, I can't choose which one I like the best. Maybe because I saw it on the big screen, but this 3rd one is every bit as good as the first and second. I don't know, but if you like action/suspense this movie is for you. \:\)

Come-on, I can't be the only one who saw it.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/05/07 06:15 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #422198
08/05/07 09:45 PM
08/05/07 09:45 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I haven't seen it yet. I may just wait for the DVD

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #422204
08/05/07 10:28 PM
08/05/07 10:28 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
1) I just saw "Sicko" and really found it very interesting. Well worth watching.

2) Remember how I said I kept falling asleep cause "The Bourne Identity" was on so late and I couldn't stay awake? Well, I finally saw it in it's entirety and loved it. I plan to rent Bourne Supremecy soon (maybe this weekend)so I can see the latest one. \:\)

TIS

That's GREAT gal!

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, I argue, is better than the first film. If IDENTITY was a thriller disguised as an intense action movie, the sequel is a Revenge-Drama disguised as an intense action movie.

THE BOURNE IDENTITY (2002) - ***1/2
THE BOURNE SUPREMACY (2004) - ****

Of course, that ULTIMATUM is out this weekend as well. \:D

Ok, so I don't go to the movies very often, but am I the only one who saw Bourne Ultimatum this weekend?

I loved it!! \:\) Literally gripped my interest almost from the very beginning. Talk about edge of your seat suspense. No shortage of it here that's for sure. And, what a great ending. \:\)

I saw all three within 2 weeks (or less). I honestly, I can't choose which one I like the best. Maybe because I saw it on the big screen, but this 3rd one is every bit as good as the first and second. I don't know, but if you like action/suspense this movie is for you. \:\)

Come-on, I can't be the only one who saw it.

TIS

Of course you weren't the only one. Hell, THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM just set the biggest opening in the history of August film-releases, and the biggest in fact for the spy genre, at $70+ million. I guess August isn't the dumping ground for the summer season anymore.

So what is THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM? Its disguised and sold as an action movie, but its a political thriller, a fucking well-made one at that. Truely when a Hollywood trilogy doesn't drop the ball in the third act*, this is a rare event indeed.

THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (2007) - ****1/2

*=Compare with such dropped-balls as say X-MEN, THE GODFATHER, MATRIX(with part 2 as well), etc.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 08/05/07 10:29 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #422206
08/05/07 10:35 PM
08/05/07 10:35 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
FWIW, I went to an 11:00 a.m. showing and theater was nearly packed (a few empty seats). (I've never been to that early of a showing and seen a full theater. \:o

You do have a point RR as far as the "third" movie in a trilogy. Very unusual that the third isn't "less" than the other two.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/05/07 10:38 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #422393
08/06/07 12:45 PM
08/06/07 12:45 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
FWIW, I went to an 11:00 a.m. showing and theater was nearly packed (a few empty seats). (I've never been to that early of a showing and seen a full theater. \:o

You do have a point RR as far as the "third" movie in a trilogy. Very unusual that the third isn't "less" than the other two.

TIS

The three big moments the audience loved in ULTIMATUM:

*David Strathairn sees Bourne for the first time on the security camera in London: SHIT!

*Damon in Madrid calling in a report of gunfire to the cops, then fired shots off. The audience laughed at this.

*Biggest Laugh: "You really didn't think I would be at Taper Park, DID YOU?"

I do think its interesting that when I heard about what happens in ULTIMATUM way back in May, the first thing that came to mind was:

"Well, how can Greengrass make ULTIMATUM work as being 80% set between Matt Damon limping in Moscow to calling Joan Allen in New York? Wouldn't that be an awkward gimmick to pull off?"

But dammit, he made it work. Son of a bitch he made it WORK!

Then again, the other two big plot points of ULTIMATUM ultimately were toned down from being as explicit to being subtle(or as how I would describe as "subtle"):

Warning, Spoiler:

(1)Originally, before Greengrass got the bright idea of the ULTIMATUM-SUPREMACY connection, the 3rd Act of the earliet script drafts took place in Washington D.C. where, yes, Jason Bourne breaks into the heart of the CIA, and then the finale be that he is shot while falling into the Potomic River.

But when Greengrass wanted to pull that connection off, the whole D.C. part was re-written for NYC (but Bourne still breaks into the CIA, just not Langley)

(2) The fact that Damon and Julia Stiles' characters, before Damon got the amnesia, were an item together went from being outright explicit to being strongly suggested. Perhaps that change was for the better.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 08/06/07 12:47 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #422432
08/06/07 02:18 PM
08/06/07 02:18 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Rock (No stars)
Directed by RRA's idol and GOD, Michael Bay \:p . This movie sustains itself on introducing larger-than-life characters one after another. First we see a vietnam war veteran who commands respect from everyone and has rambo-like capabilities. Then we have another nerdy genius who is a biological/chemical expert. And another legendary guy who broke out of Alcatraz prison. What follows is not very unexpected. It has all those clever moments, explosions, patriotism etc. etc.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #422437
08/06/07 02:26 PM
08/06/07 02:26 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Contact **
An interesting sci-fi movie starring Jodie Foster. The movie extensively deals with the science/religion debate and provides interesting arguments from both sides. Since I have an education in science and am an atheist, I feel that both this movie and Solyaris finally reflect the author/script-writer's bias against science. In science, an unanswered question is not a shameful thing. It is just an open problem that might get a solution someday. The religious people somehow construe the lack of scientific explanation for a phenomenon, a reason to attribute it to a supreme power. This movie also shows the loneliness of someone who believes in something that no one else believes. Overall, an intelligent movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #422438
08/06/07 02:32 PM
08/06/07 02:32 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Smiles of a Summer Night **
My first Ingmar Bergman movie (24fps, I heard you!!). This is a romantic comedy, but no like the kind that you see today in Hollywood. It does not provide laugh-out-loud moments at all. The movie has a goofy tone overall and introduces powerful thought provoking statements at regular intervals usually preceded by an ultra goofy line. The mechanics of love in different forms is explored through a bunch of people who fall in love, often with different persons among the same group.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #422445
08/06/07 03:19 PM
08/06/07 03:19 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
(Second Viewing)

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "300" concerns the 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians; the battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy.

Easily the best 2 hours I've spent watching a film this year. As I said in my first review of this film, this is the ultimate guys movie. GLADIATOR is my favorite Roman period movie and this is better than it. The slow motion action scenes were phenomenal. Another Frank Miller novel turned into a masterpiece on screen. I'm incrediblly looking forward to his next adaptation, RONIN. Also, I'm looking forward to director Zack Snyder's next film, THE WATCHMEN even though I haven't read it yet. For once I will agree with Pete Hammond of MAXIM magazine about this movie, "A spectacular visual feast that is as inventive and groundbreaking as the first MATRIX."

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #422448
08/06/07 03:27 PM
08/06/07 03:27 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Lucky Number Slevin **
A lot of attention has been paid by the director towards visual appeal. The cinematography is great, with its nice use of colors. It also has a clever plot with a twist. The plot is somewhat confusing till the end, but is explained in the end. Good acting by everyone, but the movie is ineffective in convincing us that the two of the main characters are gangsters. Worth watching once.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #422451
08/06/07 03:32 PM
08/06/07 03:32 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Rock (No stars)
Directed by RRA's idol and GOD, Michael Bay \:p . This movie sustains itself on introducing larger-than-life characters one after another. First we see a vietnam war veteran who commands respect from everyone and has rambo-like capabilities. Then we have another nerdy genius who is a biological/chemical expert. And another legendary guy who broke out of Alcatraz prison. What follows is not very unexpected. It has all those clever moments, explosions, patriotism etc. etc.

Did you see TRANSFORMERS yet? \:p

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #422452
08/06/07 03:36 PM
08/06/07 03:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Rock (No stars)

Man-crush on Shia LeBeouf? \:p

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #422457
08/06/07 03:46 PM
08/06/07 03:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I think you have a man-crush on me lead ;\) That's the only Shia LeBeouf film that I've seen and yes I liked it but not for him. Now if you said I had a crush on Michael Bay, that'd be hard to dispute J/K

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #422463
08/06/07 03:55 PM
08/06/07 03:55 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well

Couple of my friends who usually relish these type of movies, gave a bad review. So I am going to stay out \:\)

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #422472
08/06/07 04:47 PM
08/06/07 04:47 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Irish, you want to meet Shia. Yes? \:D

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 08/06/07 05:01 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #422481
08/06/07 05:27 PM
08/06/07 05:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Irish, you want to meet Shia. Yes? \:D

Hey, give Shia credit, he's like the Anti-Lindsay. 21 years old, incredibly talented, although his parents were admittedly a mess, much like Lohan's, yet this kid seems to be all class. I like him.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 254 of 319 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull