Originally Posted By: olivant
Of course, whenever I watch the Ten Commandments the memories come flooding back.

Much like the Red Sea did on the Egyptians, huh??

I have a "Ten Commandments" memory, too. When the movie first came out to the neighborhood theaters you needed to make reservations to see it (I think Turnbull mentioned this already) and the theaters did not accept any coupons (money off ticket prices offers) so I didn't get to see it in its original release (besides I was too young, anyway). Every two years after that they'd "re-release" the movie so it was then that my mother figured she'd take me to see it.

Now, the Century Theaters chain (a chain of about 25 movie houses in the boroughs of New York) had a birthday plan for kiddies... if it was your birthday you got in for free. Being that the movie was being shown around Easter/Passover and being that my birthday is that time it was a natural for my mom to want to save a dollar or two.

We went to our local Century theater only to find that they weren't honoring the "Ten Commandments" in on their birthday special offer. My mom went ballistic and the ticket taker had to call the theater manager out to calm her down. My mom used to live for confrontations like this so it was just a matter of time before she had the manager quivering like a bowl of jelly.

We got in (I for free) and the soon memory of Moses parting the Red Sea took second place to the memory of my mom brow beating the theater manager.