Masculin Feminin: 15 Faits Precis (Godard; 1966) ****

Godard's films are so complex, work on so many different levels, and encompass so many different things, it's difficult to talk about one of his films without mentioning another; and it gets to a point where you realize that he's created his own cinematic world, free of any type of criticism, wherein he makes the same film multiple times, though each film is radically different from the next in that he continues to introduce new ideas, employ new techniques, and use different tools each time. This leads me to believe that it is quite possible that Godard may be incapable of making a bad film. Obviously, the only way for me to test this would be to see every film he's released, which is something I'm planning on doing. But enough about me; Masculin Feminin is incredible. Visually and aesthetically it closely resembles Vivre sa Vie, although it covers a wider range of topics, introduces more characters, and is not as emotionally involving. I absolutely love the dialogue, the use of music, sound effects, on-screen text, and intertextuality; most notably references to Bob Dylan and Pierrot le Fou. The final scene is great; and the shooting of the letters in the word "Feminin" to create the word "Fin" is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Jean-Luc GOD-Art

I dig farmers don't shoot me please!