Originally Posted By: Mignon
1.What good does it serve as a televised act? Well maybe it might get another perp out there to rethink what he is doing.

But, wouldn't you agree that child molesters have some sort mental irregularity? They are mentally ill, and have strong sexual urges for children... I highly doubt the show would get them to change their minds, but even if it did, they would just be suppressing these urges... And then they would build up and possibly explode into something known as the "Travis Bickle effect".

Quote:
2. Yes

What particular new information did it serve you?

Quote:
3. yes I knew that there were internet perps out there.

Well, I can't go much further with that one.

Quote:
4. I can't answer that question cuz I don't know how many perps are being arrested by a sting that is not filmed. I hope there is alot.

The sting would work just as well, if not better, off camera. The presence of the camera won't really negatively effect the operation. The fact that it's televised just helps the offenders in the slightest way; the know how the sting operation works now.

Quote:
5. I don't know how many perps are being jailed cuz of this show or any show. Like I said any perp that is being put away cuz of the show or a police sting is great and I stand up and applaud their efforts.

I'm sure they jail many. I think it was Vercetti who pointed out that they actually jail much more than appear on the show. So, I'm sure there are several operations like this, and I'm sure they're all successful. But, only one is being aired.

I think that the show would have made more sense as a one-night special than as a continuing series.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 07/30/07 01:31 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."