The Vitelli Archives are pretty much overflowing with films, many of which might be considered "overlooked". Some are just obscure ones that I happen to have a soft spot for, some were shown quite often on TV years ago, but have seldom been seen recently.

Here are a few off the top of my pointed little head:

The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941) Here, I'll agree with SC's earlier post. This film turns up on TCM occasionally, and much of the missing footage (censored for re-release) has been restored. A true gem.

The Mystery of Edwin Drood (1935) Claude Rains stars in this one, and it hasn't been shown on television in a good twenty years (that I'm aware of). I taped it years ago.

The Power and the Glory (1933) Stars Spencer Tracy and silent-film actress Colleen Moore. Arguably, in some ways, an inspiration for Citizen Kane, it has a pre-Code frankness and excellent performances. The "courtship" scene is quite memorable.

Beast of Morocco (1965) A British film who's original title (The Hand of Night) was a better one. Not a great film - acting was a little uneven and it could've used a bigger budget - but there was just something about the story that I found interesting. (Or, maybe I'm one of the few people left who remembers Diane Clare.) Hasn't been shown in many years.

Probably more films will come to mind when I'm not quite so tired. As Jimmy Durante used to say, "I got a million of 'em!"

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."