Oh, TB, I used to LOVE going to the movies on Saturdays with my best friend Kathleen. My dad would walk us to the Wakefield Theater (because we weren't allowed to cross White Plains Road alone) and we would spend almost the entire day there. It was magical. I remember going to see Lassie Come Home, and hiding under my coat because I was so sure that Lassie was NOT going to make it out alive. And that was where I saw The Sound of Music, which I wanted to go to over and over and over, and Gone With the Wind, the first movie I ever saw that had an intermission.

My dad, who worked at the pharmacy a few doors down from the theater, had some sort of arrangement with the owner or the ticket-taker (God only knows) and we had a pass that got us in for free. I remember my brothers fighting over it on date night.

I also remember going to Radio City Music Hall to see movies. There would be a floor show and then the film. I believe I saw My Fair Lady at the Easter Show, and couldn't get over how stunningly beautiful Audrey Hepburn was.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club