Yeah. So what I said about trusting Igawa over Mussina? Maybe notsomuch. I guess its a good thing that Hughes is *ready* to take over his spot in the rotation.

I haven't completely given up on K-Iggy, but yeah, the Yankees and Japanese pitchers? Kind of a crappy trend. Hitters, good, Pitchers, bad. Okay. Keep him in AAA for the rest of the year. Get him mentally right for the MLB level. Otherwise, kudos on a 40+ million dollar bust, to the Yankee management, in the panic of the Hype-K signing.

Oh, and since we've been rooting on the Red Sox to beat the Indians (puke), let's pray they decide to pick up Todd Helton (the rumors are back for the bajillionth time, almost as frequent as the "trade Manny" saga every year). Helton is a good talent, but has a horrible contract, and is on the decline at 33. Good luck Red Sox!

Of course, we know all about first base albatrosses as well. Giambi is coming back soon (puke part deux).

Still, we're 4.5 games out of the Wild Card, and Seattle is on a seven-game losing streak. If we can get back to good, we should be able to pick up those four games pretty quick.

And lastly? De La Rosa, the pitcher for the Royals last night, has now pitched 11 consecutive scoreless innings against the Yankees... \:\/