Originally Posted By: goombah
 Originally Posted By: wtwt5237
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Those of you who have been in combat know what I'm talking about.

Well I am afraid Micheal's death ranks third following clotheshangar death scene and the Lucchese death scene. If Micheal suddenly died, he would have been sitting quietly on the chair. But the first time I watched the GF III, I was amused by the fact that Al Pacino moved his body on purpose forth slowly to let himself fall down to the ground.

I purposely did not list Michael's death. I think the point of the scene was to show how Michael lost everyone important to him and that he was alone at the end of his life. His arm just fell limp when he died. I don't think it was as much of a stretch as the others I mentioned. His body was slumped when he died and the weight just naturally made him fall over onto the ground. I thought Pacino broke his fall somewhat, but I found the Michael death scene much more believable than the deaths of Altobello & Lucchesi.

I agree. An elderly man sitting on a narrow seat chair who suddenly loses control over his posture is going to be quite susceptible to gravity. It was realistic. The scene was intended to illustrate not only his physical fall, but his moral and familial fall.

To WT: yes, Vietnam.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."