Yankees Trade Rumors

- Yankees are in talks with the KC Royals to acquire Octavio Dotel. (Duh, it makes no sense why we let him go after last year anyways...we rehabbed him, and he played in 10 games or so). Another name on the table is Zack Grienke.

- Also in talks with the Pirates regarding relievers Salomon Torres and Damaso Marte. Pirates want to ship out Shawn Chacon as well. Another blast from the past (maybe we can get Tom Gordon or Mike Stanton \:p ) In addition, the Yankees have asked about relief pitcher Roberto Hernandez, but nixed any deal when the Pirates refused to accept any deal unless Jeromy Burnitz was in the package.

- A pending trade on the table could send Scott Proctor to the Devil Rays for Ty Wigginton (I say no...we need all the 'pen help we can get at this point). The D-Rays are supposedly quoted as saying they will "listen to anything about anybody," so I would say what the hell...why not deal someone like Matt DeSalvo, Karstens, and maybe a vet for Carl Crawford? Talk about awesomeness in the outfield. He would be a great addition. I'd like to see Rocco Baldelli too, and can be had cheaper with his injury history.

- The Devil Rays are looking to deal Eric Byrnes, and the big names would be Bobby Abreu from the Yanks and Jermaine Dye from the White Sox. Supposedly, the teams are asking for Byrnes and star outfield prospect Carlos Gonzalez, which the D-Backs don't want to do.

- Yankees have asked the Astros for an offer for Mark Loretta (boo...but probably better than Cairo at this point).

- The Mariners supposedly inquired about acquiring Andy Pettitte (yikes!).

- Also on the Yankees radar are Kevin Mench and Reggie Sanders (no and maybe, Sanders could be a nice bench addition, but I think at his age he wants to play for a team that is almost a lock, maybe Boston or Detroit).