Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I must be the last person on earth to have never read or seen any of the Harry Potter books or films, but I must say, all of the hype surrounding the final book has me rooting for the fella to live.

I read half of the first book, and it felt really unsatisfying and irrelevant, so I put it down right after the chapter about Christmas. As for the films, an old girlfriend dragged me in to one of them one time, and I don't really retain much of it, not even the title. I just sat in the back with her, and ruined the enjoyment of everyone else in that theatre by mocking it aloud, and coming up with my own dialogue.

Kind of a weak franchise, in my opinion.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."