My thoughts? Move Farnsworth if possible, try to acquire either Otsuka or Gagne (preferably Otsuka, since he fares well in the set-up role, and will cost less, and have less injury risk than Gagne). This is not a long-term bullpen solution, but its okay - I could see resigning either of these guys for 2-3 year deals after the season, because both should still fire the rock, especially Gagne, who is only 31.

The biggest move to be made right now? Do the big deal for Texiera. It will a.) finally stabilize the first base position and b.) provide some relief if A-Rod opts out and signs with another team this offseason. This team will look a lot better in the infield both offensively and defensively with Texiera and without A-Rod than it would with Mientkeiwicz/Giambi/Phillips/platoon and without A-Rod.

That's all I can say. Yeah, it will cost some prospects - probably Ian Kennedy, and another one or two - but it will solve a glaring need we've had since it was evident Giambi was not a defensive first baseman (forever?).

Otherwise, the other move will have to stay for the offseason. I wouldn't move Melky. I'd try to unload Damon, but only for Major League talent in return. Otherwise, all that is left is for the offseason.

The primary goal should be shoring up the bullpen. Playing consistently, and having players play to their ability, is the only chance this team has of even being competitive for the Wild Card this year.

The real work begins as soon as the season ends. I'll save that diatribe for later...