Was that thunder and lightning when McClusky got out of his car to confront Mike at the hosptal? If so, that is a very rare occurence to have lightning and thunder in the winter in the Northeast.

Record snowfall buries New York City
'Dangerous storm' wallops East Coast, snarls travel

Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 10:19 p.m. EST (03:19 GMT)

Traffic on I-95 backs up behind a group of snowplows Sunday in Rhode Island.

What Is This? BOSTON, Massachusetts (CNN) -- A raging nor'easter howled up the East Coast on Sunday, breaking a snowfall record in New York, shutting down airports and dumping more than two feet of snow on parts of the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states.

Central Park in New York City had recorded nearly 27 inches by about 4:15 p.m. Sunday, breaking a record of 26.4 inches set in December 1947, according to the National Weather Service.

Other snowfall totals included 27.8 inches in Fairfield, Connecticut; 25.4 inches at New York's LaGuardia Airport; 21.3 inches in Columbia, Maryland, near Baltimore; and more than a foot in parts of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to the National Weather Service.

The storm packed winds of up to 40 mph as it brushed the coast, and some parts of New England remained under blizzard warnings into Sunday evening, the National Weather Service reported.

Lightning and thunder accompanied some of the snowfall. The National Weather Service called the rare phenomenon "thundersnow."

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.