Originally Posted By: SC

Its interesting that you bring up two Mustache Petes as the best dons. I think the idea that times had changed (when Mike was in control) plays into this.... its almost like comparing a modern ballplayer to Joe DiMaggio ( ) .

In the trilogy we do not get to see many "modern dons," and those we see aren't all that great. Barzini fancied himself the first "new" Don, and we all know what happened to him. And another major player who could be considered "modern" was Joey Zasa, and look what happened to him. Santino, of course was declared a "bad Don" by his own father, and the only other modern Don was Vincent, who like his uncle Fredo couldn't even run a decent body guard operation. So yeah, I guess I am saying the older guys were Joe Dimaggio, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle, and the newer ones are A-Rod (Mr. June) Bobby Bonds and Mark McGuire.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."