GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mike68, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 467 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,948
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 290 of 433 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 432 433
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413714
07/11/07 10:15 AM
07/11/07 10:15 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I HATE aol. Whenever I use my aol address for anything, pages won't open, pop-ups, total mayhem!

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413715
07/11/07 10:16 AM
07/11/07 10:16 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

That's what you get for still having crappy AOL. Come to the dark side with the rest of us.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413717
07/11/07 10:18 AM
07/11/07 10:18 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Oh, I have, believe me. It's just that once you have an address with them, even a free one, you can NEVER get rid of it. So, out of force of habit, I check it about once a week. And it makes me CRAZY.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413721
07/11/07 10:24 AM
07/11/07 10:24 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

The same with Yahoo. I don't use my yahoo email anymore but it won't let you delete it. Maybe they should hook up with Sprint, and then they'll drop us..hahaha.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413722
07/11/07 10:25 AM
07/11/07 10:25 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Hey SC, would your job drop a cable customer if they complained too much like Sprint is now doing? It would make your life a whole lot easier I suppose.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413723
07/11/07 10:26 AM
07/11/07 10:26 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
No, there is a way to delete a Yahoo account!

I just got rid of a few last month. I'll look it up for you.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413724
07/11/07 10:34 AM
07/11/07 10:34 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: Beth E
Hey SC, would your job drop a cable customer if they complained too much like Sprint is now doing? It would make your life a whole lot easier I suppose.

I heard yesterday about Sprint doing that. I can't believe it!! Being that I'm in the customer service industry I'd sometimes love to be able to tell SOME (difficult) customers to go to hell but I can't do that. I am shocked that a corporation (like Sprint) is taking that stance.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #413725
07/11/07 10:45 AM
07/11/07 10:45 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
SPRINT: The customer is always.... a pain inee ass!

My true talent is in advertising.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413726
07/11/07 10:49 AM
07/11/07 10:49 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
SPRINT: The customer is always.... a pain inee ass!

My true talent is in advertising.

Only you can market something to be bigger than what it is..... \:p

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413727
07/11/07 10:50 AM
07/11/07 10:50 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Was that picture taken at your family reunion years ago? Wasn't that the one where your uncle was there. That was a very emotional day too as I recall you saying.

Yep, that picture is from the same day.

To all those who posted comments about the picture - thank you for the kind words. I suspect I'm not alone in my feelings about family (especially on THESE boards ) and the fact that my family doesn't get together as much as we like (due to distance) made yesterday all that much more important and enjoyable (as I'm sure you can all understand).

Quick funny story - a few months after my father died my mother decided she wanted to come back to New York for a big family reunion including her own brother and all her nieces and nephews (my cousins). Coincidentally, the day before this reunion was being held, Beth was in New York. She and I were taking in the sights and were having lunch in the Carnegie Deli. Beth was doing her best Meg Ryan imitation of faking an orgasm in the middle of the deli ( ) when who comes walking in but my uncle (I hadn't seen him in about 10 years at that point). Sure, in a city of 8 million you're bound to run into a long lost relative. ;\)

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #413728
07/11/07 10:53 AM
07/11/07 10:53 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: SC
[ Beth was in New York. She and I were taking in the sights and were having lunch in the Carnegie Deli. Beth was doing her best Meg Ryan imitation of faking an orgasm in the middle of the deli

That explains that snarl I got from the waitress. I still have nightmares about that woman.

That was kind of freaky running into your uncle in New York.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #413729
07/11/07 10:56 AM
07/11/07 10:56 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
That explains that snarl I got from the waitress.

Two women at the next table said, "I'll have what she's having".

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #413803
07/11/07 02:19 PM
07/11/07 02:19 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Last night was excellent. Imagine several hundred people crammed into a small and dirty punk club with concrete walls. It got so hot in there that I had to make sure that every so often I push my way through the sea of people from the front, where I had positioned myself, to the very, very back of the building, where the bathroom was, and cup some water in my hands from the sink to drink, to prevent dehydration. Then, by the time I pushed my way back to the front, I was just as hot as I was before I went to the bathroom. Someone passed out from the heat, everyone was sweating so badly that our hands were pruning, and some guy got beat real bad in the mosh pit, so by the time Reel Big Fish had finished their set, the police showed up.

First two bands were great... Against All Authority (which, I guess was ska, but was more like literal punk rock with a trumpet) opened up, and within seconds, right where me and my friends were standing, the crowd opened up, and a circle pit got started. I went with three friends... myself and two of my friends were really into it, and skanking around the pit, and my third friend who'd never been to a show like this held back at first, but by the end of the set, he had jumped in.

When the band finished, we found ourselves conversing with a very, very intoxicated individual. He was shirtless, struggling to stand, and singing enthusiastically to the house music--the Beastie Boys--like he had just lost his virginity in a mass orgy. We debated whether or not we should give him a pat on shoulder, worried he might freak out and punch someone in the face, but finally we decided, why not? This lead to an extensive conversation in which he told us about how for the last year and a half, he's just been driving around the country going to shows. He explained how his car hit E and broke down last month, and he used all of his money to "Put 20 bucks of gas in the tank and buy a quarter of weed." Then he decided to sneak into Bonnaroo.

The conversation went on and on, but he was speaking in tongues, and he decided to do so approximately three inches from my face. Finally he pronounced that he loved bull riding, and one of my friends responded, "Well, I think they have bull riding some where around here," referring to the state of New York. "Right HERE?" the drunkard asked, pointing straight to the floor. We explained that we meant somewhere in town, but he was determined. He wanted to ride bulls right there, in the vortex of the mosh pit.

Then the second band went on, Streetlight Manifesto, and the crowd immediately surged into an ugly push pit. And I realized, fuck... I'm this guys friend now. If he falls over, I have to make sure he doesn't get trampled on. So, of course he fell over, and I pulled him up before anyone stepped on him. I really hate push pits. They're no fun, I spend more time making sure I don't lose my footing and fall under the crowd then I do enjoying the music. Circle pits are excellent fun, though. Anyways, I spent about ten minutes trying to force my way out of the pit until finally, I was right on the edge. Then I realized I'd lost the three people I came with, along with several people I met up with, in the pit. So, I tried to circle my way around the pit, to the other end where we had been standing before the pit started up. No luck. So, I walked to the back, to the bathroom, where I found two people I had met up with drenched in sweat. I was sweaty and gross, and out of breath, so I watched Streetlight from the back for a while.

During their last song, I began to make my way back to the front, to find my friends. Looking around, thinking I wouldn't find them until the show ended and the crowd dispersed, I looked straight up to find an afro and a pair of checkerboard shoes being thrown up in the air, and landing on the crowd, and heading towards me. It was one of my friends. He had crowd surfed, and coincidentally, landed not to far ahead of me. I gave him a pat on a shoulder, and an exaggerated "DUDE!" but we diverted our attention to an interesting site. The music had stopped, and a shirtless, 4'10" punk rocker with a burly chest and a mohawk had just ran out of the pit. So, my friend turns to him and says, "Man, you're fucking awesome!" They exchange a few words, and my friend goes, "We need another circle pit going." So, this punked out little man puts his arm in the air, spins it around a few times, and despite the lack of music, the biggest circle pit of the entire show started up. "Dude, you're like fucking Moses!" I told him.

So, anyways, then Reel Big Fish went on. They were great. My only complaint was that everyone was so plagued by the heat, that there wasn't really much dancing or moshing going on during their set. But I can't complain, they put on a perfect show.

After they played, security was (for the first time all night) letting people exit with a garunteed re-entry. So, me and my crowd-surfing buddy headed out side to find the other two guys that came with us... Both of them shoeless. They had both lost their shoes in the push-pit that had formed during Streetlight. The first was wearing a pair of sneakers, but with no socks, and the sweat on his feet had just caused them to slip off. The second friend was in worse shape. Thinking a ska show would be chilled out, he showed up in Birkenstock's... They had slipped off, and his toenail was ripped off of his big toe in the madness. It was bleeding like crazy. Security said that to reclaim shoes, you had to come back the NEXT day. But, fuck that, I don't think anyone is going to drive an hour to reclaim their shoes.

Last on was Less Than Jake... But, they didn't really excite us, or half the crowd for that matter. The crowd was already exhausted. Imagine a concentration camp of punk rockers and hippies. Not a pretty scene. Add that to the fact that most of the people there were really turned off by the material that Less Than Jake had been putting out in the recent part of their career... There had been talk that, on request, the band was going to play a lot of their earlier, skankier stuff, but we didn't feel like sticking around to make a gamble of it. We just left then, two of us shoeless, two of us dehydrated, and one of us bleeding.

Yeah, it was a great night.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: long_lost_corleone] #413844
07/11/07 03:01 PM
07/11/07 03:01 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Haha, sounds like fun. I'm gonna have to agree, circle pits are the shiz. At the last Warped Tour, I was front row for Less Than Jake (of course) and Rise Against was at the stage next to us. Roger from LTJ decided he wanted a circle pit, so we had one going around not only our crowd, but the Rise Against crowd. It was insanity.

But yeah, no doubt LTJ's latest stuff sucks, even they admit it. Whatever record label they were on made them use less horns and made them have less of a ska-feel.

They just had a series of shows in Florida where they played a different entire album of theirs every night. I wish I could have gone to that.

I could be (and probably am) wrong though.

Aaaand, I'm gonna stop marking out for LTJ now.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: bogey] #413929
07/11/07 04:08 PM
07/11/07 04:08 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Poop break.

Be back later.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: bogey] #413930
07/11/07 04:09 PM
07/11/07 04:09 PM
Underboss
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: bogey
Haha, sounds like fun. I'm gonna have to agree, circle pits are the shiz. At the last Warped Tour, I was front row for Less Than Jake (of course) and Rise Against was at the stage next to us. Roger from LTJ decided he wanted a circle pit, so we had one going around not only our crowd, but the Rise Against crowd. It was insanity.

But yeah, no doubt LTJ's latest stuff sucks, even they admit it. Whatever record label they were on made them use less horns and made them have less of a ska-feel.

They just had a series of shows in Florida where they played a different entire album of theirs every night. I wish I could have gone to that.

I could be (and probably am) wrong though.

Aaaand, I'm gonna stop marking out for LTJ now.

Yeah, like I said, I really liked their early stuff. The last few albums just had a bit of a pop-punk feel, which I didn't like.

If it wasn't so hot in there, I definitely would have stayed for them.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 07/11/07 04:35 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: long_lost_corleone] #413957
07/11/07 04:50 PM
07/11/07 04:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I just read that a baby mammoth, resembling an elephant from the ice age, was found in Russia in perfect condition.

Ann Coulter says it's a hoax.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413983
07/11/07 05:43 PM
07/11/07 05:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
David Beckham and Posh Spice bring new meaning to the words media whores.

Can't our friends in the UK take them back?

Please?

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413986
07/11/07 05:46 PM
07/11/07 05:46 PM
Underboss
Underboss
This is my crazy, incoherent "I'm drunk" post.

It isn't nearly as exciting as I'd hoped.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: long_lost_corleone] #413993
07/11/07 05:50 PM
07/11/07 05:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
This is my crazy, incoherent "I'm drunk" post.

It isn't nearly as exciting as I'd hoped.

Who, in that little hick town, is irresponsible enough to buy beer for a 17 year old boy?

If it's a middle-aged neighbor, and he says you have a pretty mouth, RUN.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #413994
07/11/07 05:51 PM
07/11/07 05:51 PM
Underboss
Underboss
God, I hate beer. It tastes like Satan's ass crack.

Jack and Coke is the way to go.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 07/11/07 05:51 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: long_lost_corleone] #413996
07/11/07 05:54 PM
07/11/07 05:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
As long as you don't know what your middle-aged neighbor's ass crack tastes like.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #414012
07/11/07 06:44 PM
07/11/07 06:44 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I just read that a baby mammoth, resembling an elephant from the ice age, was found in Russia in perfect condition.

Ann Coulter says it's a hoax.

I just read that Ann Coulter was found entombed in Russian permafrost, perfectly preserved, and scaring the local villagers.

The baby mammoth was not immediately available for comment.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Signor Vitelli] #414013
07/11/07 06:47 PM
07/11/07 06:47 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
SC, I am so sorry that I missed your photo earlier. It's SO nice to get together like that with your family. I'm glad to hear that you had such a lovely day.

Speaking of customer service, Mr. Babe started his IT career as a "Kelly Girl" for Prodigy Services, doing tech support. He swears that the Number One question he got was, "Where is the Any Key?" in response to the instructions to "press any key to continue".

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #414015
07/11/07 06:58 PM
07/11/07 06:58 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

That's as bad as someone needing to know where the pound sign is on the telephone.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #414059
07/11/07 11:45 PM
07/11/07 11:45 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
I just read this article...

"Queen star finishes PhD thesis after 30 years"
Link

And I thought it was especially cool because it reminded me of the Queen song, '39, and what I'd read about May's contribution in the story that it tells. When I first heard and was reading about this song was when I found out he was interested in physics and such, so it's nice to hear he got his PhD.

Wikipedia tells about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%2739

The song also reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode with a similar storyline - wish I could remember the name.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #414094
07/12/07 07:44 AM
07/12/07 07:44 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Ooh, I'm spooked. I may not get out of bed tomorrow.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #414097
07/12/07 07:50 AM
07/12/07 07:50 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Ooh, I'm spooked. I may not get out of bed tomorrow.

Another bed excuse? First you come up with an excuse as to why you should jump into bed, and then you come up with an excuse not to get out of it! \:p

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Don Cardi] #414098
07/12/07 07:53 AM
07/12/07 07:53 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Another bed excuse? First you come up with an excuse as to why you should jump into bed, and then you come up with an excuse not to get out of it! \:p

Well, the jumping into bed excuses haven't worked so far, so I've given up hope on that. I'm now taking a different approach.

Re: Random Post Whoring [Re: Beth E] #414102
07/12/07 08:08 AM
07/12/07 08:08 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Page 290 of 433 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 432 433

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull