GF I- "I believe in America." What an opening! On the big screen it's phenomenal. You don't see shots like that in film. That one phrase sets the stage for the entire series. It's one of the great openings in cinema.

GF II- Kay vs. Michael. Michael is now betrayed by his own wife. Kay keeps wanting Michael to be the man she married. In this film, any scene between them, is fantastic. One I haven't seen mentioned is Michael's return to Tahoe. He comes into the house and it's so quiet it's just desolate. You can feel the complete isolation between Kay and Michael; just the sound of the sewing machine whirring in the background. You can taste the loneliness of the place. It's a tomb. Shades of things to come.

GF III- First off, I love the shot of the bishop sailing down the rotunda, it's beautiful. As much of a loss as this film is, my favorite scenes, again, are Michael and Kay together because that's when we see shades of the original two Godfather films. Fantastic work together. As a scene however, I love the flashbacks of the previous films showing Michael being happy, of the things he loved and, eventually, destroyed. That kind of flashback realism has been possible in film and it's powerfully used in the denouement.