Originally Posted By: Irishman12
 Originally Posted By: svsg
The Big Lebowski **
While I was watching this movie, I was constantly reminded of Pulp Fiction and Lock Stock. This comedy is definitely not mainstream, you will enjoy it if you have a taste for movies such as the ones I listed. I found it ok.

This and SNATCH are probably my 2 favorite comedies of all-time

I think that all FOUR of those MUST be included in the "Greatest Movies Ever" list, mostly b/c of the fact that they are all EXTREMELY innovative, original, AND of course, intricate. I don't believe that those qualities necessarily guarantee greatness, but I do think that greatness is achieved when those qualities are combined w/ POPULARITY. However, I don't think that Snatch, Pulp Fiction or Lock Stock are anywhere near as "funny" as Lebowski.
BTW-I do NOT watch a lot of movies.
BTW2-I guess I have to put Wes Anderson's Bottle Rocket on my Greatest Ever List, too. It's much "funnier" - i.e more ha-ha type humor - than Pulp, Snatch, and Lock Stock, but it's like those three in that it's NOT an in-your-face brand of humor..
BTW3-SVSG makes a good pt in that the path of Snatch/LockStock's narrative does seem to run like that of Pulp Fiction. I DON'T think that Lebowski is comparable to those three, though.

Last edited by Ice; 07/09/07 11:37 AM.