Well Apple, you say that I am "wrong" like you actually know exactly what Fredo did for Ola and Roth! Did you co-write the screenplay or something? lol

1. That Michael was 'being tough' on negotiations.
2. That there would be something in it for him if he helped out.
Telling Fredo that Michael was being tough on the negotiations, and that there was something in it for him, does not disprove my theory one bit. Perhaps these were some of the reasons that Ola and Roth gave Fredo for having him open those drapes. Perhaps they told him that there would be a kidnapping or something and they needed to see inside the house. Who knows what they told him to make him open those drapes.

4. Whatever they said would be done with whatever information he provided...would've also been exposed as a lie once the shooting took place.
And it was. That's maybe why Fredo told Ola, "you guys lied to me, don't call here...etc. etc." Once the hit took place, their lies to Fredo were exposed, and he realized it. What else could he have felt both scared and guilty of, at that point of the phone call from Ola, right after the shooting? What could he have done that made him perhaps realize that he almost got his brother killed? Open the drapes maybe? wink

I find it funny that you find the theory of Ola's men walking around the Corleone house and going into the Corleone bedroom to open the drapes far more logical then a family member, a brother, walking into the room to open the drapes. lol

But we ARE just speculating here. The subject is about the POSSIBLE answer to who opened the drapes. So I gave my reasons as to why I think that Fredo was the one who opened the drapes. No one is right or wrong.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.