Originally posted by Turnbull:

The reason that I (and perhaps many here) believe Fredo opened the drapes as part of his betrayal of Michael is because, as a member of the family, he could come and go in the house without being challenged by the guards that Rocco undoubtedly posted around the house to keep curiosity-seers (and pilferers) among the guests from entering.
Yes, Turnbull is correct in stating why most believe that it was Fredo. And let me add to that the fact that Fredo felt scared when he got the call from Johnny Ola;

"You guys lied to me -- I don't want you to call me anymore."

Now what did they lie to him about? What did he do for them? Logic tells us that he did something to help Ola and Roth and then after seeing that they attempted to kill Michael, Fredo got scared and realized that whatever he did, he almost helped them to kill his own brother. And to me, the only logical thing that he could have done which made him scared, after the hit attempt on Mike, was to open the drapes.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.