LLC, I believe that we as Americans have the right to protest, and that part of that protest may be the right to burn the flag of our country. Like you, I also can't imagine myself burning a flag, but I do believe in somebody else's right to do so.

However, I must disagree with your concept of the flag. The flag is a SYMBOL. It is a symbol of all those rights that we are so proud of, and, if you are proud to be American (and with all its bad and good, I do believe that it's the greatest country in the world), then it's a symbol of what you are proud of.

As for some lives being worth more than others, I don't think that's what DC is trying to say (and please forgive me for speaking for you, DC, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but the soldiers are carrying out a duty, a duty that many have resisted. And whether you agree with this government or not, they are fighting for our freedom, and they should be respected and honored. On the other hand, the terrorists are set out to destroy, not to uphold. As such, they put themselves in the path of destruction. If they are to be killed before they kill, then such is their fate for choosing the path that they have.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club