That is a terrific and spot on post by TB, and thanks DC for bringing it back. Someone said that we are nothing more than the sum of our choices, and no one proves that to be true more than Michael Corleone.

While TB paints this picture with a broad brush there are other things that make Michael tick which show us how totally reprehensible he really is. Look, for instance on how he closesw the door on Kay for the "crime" of wanting to visit the children he has kept from her out of pure spite. Look at the way he treats Tom. He often makes trouble when he doesnt have to. Take Senator Geary. When Geary threatens him Michael's response is to murder a prositiute (who he saw as collateral damage) and blackmail Geary. Couldn't he have used all his money and influence to expose Geary some other way? I believe he could have.

And does he have to murder his brother? Like Hagen said. "Mike you've won do you have to wipe everybody out?" Obviously he did.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."