TRANSFORMERS
(First Viewing)

High-school student Sam Witwicky buys his first car, who is actually the Autobot Bumblebee. Bumblebee defends Sam and his girlfriend Mikaela Banes from the Decepticon Barricade, before the other Autobots arrive on Earth. They are searching for the Allspark, and the war on Earth heats up as the Decepticons attack a United States military base in Qatar. Sam and Mikaela are taken by the top-secret agency Sector 7 to help stop the Decepticons, but when they learn the agency also intends to destroy the Autobots, they formulate their own plan to save the world.

I never watched the cartoon growing up so I wasn't pumped up to see this movie until I saw the trailer. Michael Bay more than made up for PEARL HARBOR with this film. The last time I had this much fun at the theaters was when I saw GRINDHOUSE a couple of months ago. Plenty of humor, action and great special FX make this, IMO, the perfect big budget Blockbuster summer film (and yes, that's taking into account LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD). I was never a fan of Shia LaBeouf but he did a great job in this film and he actually made me into a fan. Now I don't dread seeing him in INDIANA JONES IV. The young man can act. Also Bernie Mac had a nice cameo (I LOVE this guy's work) as the man who sells Shia's character his car. Whether you're a fan of the old Transformers cartoons or not, this is a movie to be seen in theaters. It was better than PIRATES 3 and SPIDER-MAN 3, yet unfortunately I don't think it will make as much money as those franchise beasts. I hear there's talk of a TRANSFORMERS 2 for 2009 and all I can say is it won't come soon enough! This is definitely Bay's masterpiece (BAD BOYS is his second best movie). And it is with great pleasure that I say to you, ladies and gentlemen, the Bay is back!